Contract Cleaning Applications
No more lost time and money spent scouring and scraping equipment and structures clean. Ice Age Clean keeps businesses rolling; our service technicians are fully trained in the latest techniques and outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment. We’re flexible enough to meet the needs of every contract cleaning situation, regardless of complexity. If you don’t see your industry listed below, contact us to discuss your situation, and we’ll help you in any way we can.
Municipal and Transportation
- Power Generation: Dry ice blasting is a safe, non-conductive way to clean electrical equipment such as turbines, compressors, transformers and more. This method can cut down time by as much as 65% because it requires no cool-down, dry time or disassembly.
- Aerospace: Consistent safety and performance in the aerospace industry is dependent on clean engine parts and surfaces. Ice Age Clean is able to reach those tight spots that would otherwise be time-consuming or impossible to clean. This allows the industry to continue to have dependable performance.
- Transit Systems: On-time performance of the transit system requires clean, efficient equipment. Ice Age Clean can get in, get it cleaned, and get out, with minimal disruption in day-to-day operations. Because it has no secondary component, such as sand, to clean up, and requires no drying time. Dry ice blasting is perfect for cleaning elevators, escalators, buses, rail cars, concrete, floors and more.
Packaging and Food and Beverage Production
- Food Industry: Dry ice blasting in food and beverage handling facilities can reduce down-time by nearly 80% over traditional cleaning methods. Surface contaminants like oil, food particles, proteins, grease and packaging parts can slow production and cause plant shut-downs due to inspection failures. Because dry ice blasting requires no cool-down time, uses no water, and dispenses non-toxic, food-grade frozen carbon dioxide, you’ll save time and money, and your products and employees will remain safe.
- Packaging: It’s critical that packaging equipment be clean and sanitary in order to preserve the integrity of the products they package, as well as to maintain efficiency and package integrity. Because it uses non-toxic, food-grade quality dry ice and leaves no secondary waste, dry ice blasting is the perfect solution to industry-wide packaging equipment cleaning.
Industrial and Medical Manufacturing Cleaning
- Plastics: Superior plastic production requires clean molds and vents. Traditional cleaning methods often use chemicals and techniques that can damage production equipment, but dry ice blasting is non-abrasive, non-toxic, and less labor-intensive, which improves your bottom line.
- Rubber: Build up in rubber molds can cause major production problems. Because our process requires no cool-down time and is non-abrasive, you’ll be up and running faster, with less mold fouling, than with any other available method of cleaning.
- Foundries: We clean 60% faster than traditional foundry cleaning methods because we require no cool-down time, resulting in an excellent return on your investment.
- Medical Device Manufacturing: Medical devices must meet very strict standards. Harsh chemicals and imperfect cleaning methods can result in contamination that causes defective devices and hardware. Dry ice blasting integration can help medical manufacturers meet all guidelines and continue producing consistent, high-quality parts.
- Pharmaceuticals: Dry ice blasting provides the perfect solution for cleaning and sanitizing in the pharmaceutical industry. Pelleted dry ice is sized to reach and clean the intricate parts and inconvenient spaces in mixers, tablet molds, separators, etc. The process is non-toxic and leaves zero residue on equipment.
- Fire Damage Restoration: Fire and smoke can result in untold damage that the average cleaning company cannot permanently address. Dry Ice cleaning effectively eliminates soot, odor and toxic residues that result from a fire.
- Mold Remediation: Traditional cleaning methods require extensive manpower and chemicals to remove embedded mold from wood and crevices, but dry ice blasting is quick, environmentally safe, requires minimal clean up, and gets rid of 99.9% of mold spores without affecting electrical wiring or plumbing.
- Historical Restoration: It is imperative that chemicals, abrasives or water not be used when restoring historical structures as they may cause irreversible damage. Ice Age Clean can gently restore historically significant treasures to their near-original glory.
- Marine Restoration: Rust, algae, sludge, etc., can build up and cause damage to marine craft over time. Ice Age Clean can clean your marine vessel employing the earth-friendly method of dry ice blasting.
Dry Ice Blasting Process
The dry ice blasting process is the safest and most efficient in the cleaning industry. Dry ice pellets are created in an earth-friendly manner that involves freezing carbon dioxide (a naturally-occurring, essential life component), into a mold to produce sleet or snow-like pellets. The dry ice used in our blasting process is of the same grade used in the food and beverage industry and, since it disappears on impact, is has no effect on the environment.
Unlike other companies who are using equipment, products and technology that are 20 years out of date, at Ice Age Clean, we’re committed to being the best in the industry and employ only the state-of-the-art Cold Jet® systems in our dry ice blasting process. Call us today we’ll help to free you up so you can concentrate on growing your business.